***Disclaimer***

Disclaimer: The Wizard of 'OZ' makes no money from 'OZ' - The 'Other' Side of the Rainbow. 'OZ' is 100 % paid ad-free

Tuesday, April 17, 2018

12 Step Program for Internet Addiction

1.  I will have a cup of coffee in the morning and read my newspaper  like I used to, before the Internet.
2.  I will eat breakfast with a knife and fork and not with one hand  typing.
3.  I will get dressed before noon.
4.  I will make an attempt to clean the house, wash clothes, and plan dinner before even thinking of the Internet.
5.  I will sit down and write a letter to those unfortunate few friends and family that are Internet-deprived.
6.  I will call someone on the phone who I cannot contact via the Internet.
7.  I will read a book...if I still remember how.
8.  I will listen to those around me and their needs and stop telling  them to turn the TV down so I can hear the music on the Internet.
9.  I will not be tempted during TV commercials to check for email.
10. I will try and get out of the house at least once a week, if it is necessary or not.
11. I will remember that my bank is not forgiving if I forget to balance my checkbook because I was too busy on the Internet.
12. Last, but not least, I will remember that I must go to bed sometime ...
and the Internet will always be there tomorrow!

No comments: