***Disclaimer***

Disclaimer: The Wizard of 'OZ' makes no money from 'OZ' - The 'Other' Side of the Rainbow. 'OZ' is 100 % paid ad-free

Thursday, November 16, 2017

A good example of an attempt to get a worm installed....

I received an unsolicted email this morning. I do not have any Quest software... so I did some digging before I clicked on the link...

Now, though Quest has been aquired by Aelita, this particular email appears bogus, so I did not go to the website or click on the links in the email.

This was because even though the "end" transmission of going to the website MAY take me to Aelita.com, In between it looks to me like a spammer, or virus writer would hijack my click and take me to a webpage that they have made up to fool people and collect personal information. ("Can you say identity theft? Sure. I knew you could!"), Or take you to a page of their design and load a worm on your computer just by opening the webpage.

Or am I just being paranold? You decide. I have never gotten a virus or trojan on my computer. Ever. Better safe than sorry, I always say....

No comments: