***Disclaimer***

Disclaimer: The Wizard of 'OZ' makes no money from 'OZ' - The 'Other' Side of the Rainbow. 'OZ' is 100 % paid ad-free

Saturday, September 30, 2017

10+ Hilarious Comics With Unexpectedly Dark Endings By ‘Perry Bible Fellowship’

By​ Greta J., Boredpanda.com

The Perry Bible Fellowship is the perfect middle between the whimsy and the morbid. And it has been since 2001 when its creator Nicholas Gurewitch drew the first strip. Nicholas describes his style as "the clarity of obscurity", and his work is a real treat to all the dark(er) souls out there.

Usually consisting of three or four panels, the comics have originated in the Syracuse University newspaper The Daily Orange. It tackles difficult topics head-on, and some of the most common themes include irony, religion, sexuality, war, science fiction, suicide, violence, and death.

"Sometimes I look at my work and think that it shows the idealism of my Dad colliding with the realism of my Mom," Gurewitch told Things In Squares. "Or, I see the idealism of my Mom colliding with the realism of my Dad. The idea of the "real" colliding with the “ideal” has been suggested to me by many artists."

#1

more at boredpanda.com

No comments: