***Disclaimer***

Disclaimer: The Wizard of 'OZ' makes no money from 'OZ' - The 'Other' Side of the Rainbow. 'OZ' is 100 % paid ad-free

Monday, April 22, 2013

Celebrity Profile - Randy Harrison


About Randy Harrison: Born Randolph C. Harrison on November 2, 1977 in Nashua, New Hampshire. Harrison, raised in Alpharetta, Georgia, received a Bachelor's of Fine Arts in Theatre from the University of Cincinnati College Conservatory of Music.

Randy Harrison on "Queer as Folk": Randy Harrison is best known as the young Justin on Showtime's previous series, Queer as Folk.

Randy Harrison on TV: Randy's television credits include:

* Justin Taylor on "Queer as Folk" (Showtime, 2000-2005)
* Sean in "Bang, Bang, You're Dead" (Showtime, 2002)

Randy Harrison on Stage: Randy has been acting since age seven. His theater credits include:

* "Equus" (2005)
* "Wicked" (2004)
* "A Cheever Evening"
* "The Real Inspector Hound"
* "A Midsummer Night's Dream"
* "West Side Story"
* "1776"
* "Violet"
* "Children of Eden"
* "Shopping and F*cking"
* "Hello Again"

Interview with Randy:

As the resident hot young thing on "Queer as Folk," openly gay Randy Harrison has more than his share of TV-watching admirers. Feeling his way through the confusing world of drugs and sex, struggling with less-than-understanding parents and desperately in love with the older Brian, Justin is a character young gay men everywhere can identify with.

Randy recently performed off-Broadway in "A Letter from Ethel Kennedy," about a gay man trying to reconcile with, and say goodbye to, his parents. (He played a straight waiter, which proves he really can act!) He also appeared in the Showtime original movie "Bang Bang, You're Dead," playing against type as a (straight) maladjusted high school student seeking revenge against his tormentors.

When did you first become aware of gay issues?

Conception

If you were to write /direct a same-sex love story, who would you visualize as the leads?

Emmanuel Lewis and Harvey Keitel

What's your current favorite CD, book, writer, movie?

Mick Harvey, "Pink Elephants" Dennis Cooper, "Pastoralia" "Baise-Moi"

How many degrees of separation are there between you and Kevin Bacon?

Zero. I saw him once on the Upper West Side.

Fill in the blank: I am the _____ of my generation.

BLANK

Fill in the blank: I always have ____ in my refrigerator.

Tonic water

Who inspires you the most?

My parents

Tell us something nobody knows about you.

No way!

Describe your ideal mate.

Embalmed

Who was your first celebrity crush?

The girl who played Oliver in the first play I was ever in ... hmmm. She had a cute bowl cut and looked dark and brooding with that ash smeared on her face.

Squelch or confirm (or start) a rumor about yourself.

OK, that is me in that video, but I was 7 and really drunk and wasn't sure what he was doing. I just wanted to touch the puppy.

The last movie I cried at/laughed out loud at was:

I cried during "The Crucible" on Broadway. I didn't cry during the movie version though, I think I fell asleep.

What's your biggest guilty pleasure?

Human companionship

Would you appear nude in a movie?

Never. I think that's really trashy.

Fill in the blank: In high school, I was ____.

Bored

What's your favorite getaway?

Xanax




The home of The Brave

For more on queerasfolk, Click above

No comments: