***Disclaimer***

Disclaimer: The Wizard of 'OZ' makes no money from 'OZ' - The 'Other' Side of the Rainbow. 'OZ' is 100 % paid ad-free

Saturday, November 20, 2010

"First they came…" is a poem attributed to Pastor Martin Niemoller (1892–1984)


First they came...

*Thanks, Michele


This poem was forwarded to me and I like it and her follow up comments:

I came across this poem in my afternoon of internet browsing using stumble upon. And with it being a social day for me I have conversed with peoples and realized the real need for individuals who are educated to take a stand.

Discrimination in the work place isn't cool whether it's due to sex, sexual orientation, intellectual disability or mental health problems. Let's acknowledge people and rejoice in their gifts and not diminish the value of there efforts simply because someone who doesn't have there challenges can handle challenges "better".

Let's speak up when people "joke" in ways that demean people due to these kinds of differences. Tonight I learned that people are still being killed because of these differences which is appalling in this day and age.

No comments: